Fort Benning is a sportsman’s paradise. We maximize hunting and fishing opportunities for our Soldiers, family members, DoD civilians and guests. If you intend to hunt or fish on the installation, please read the regulations and obtain the proper licenses. To rent a boat at Outdoor Recreation’s Equipment Resource Center, you must have a current Boater Safety Card. Take the course here and bring your certificate at the time of rental.
Who is authorized to hunt or fish on the installation?
- U.S. military active duty and retired personnel
- Veterans with a service connected disability of not less than 30 percent
- Medal of Honor recipients
- Current or retired full-time Department of Defense civilian employees
- Federal civilian employees working full-time or equivalent status on Fort Benning and retired federal civilian employees who were employed at Fort Benning immediately prior to retirement
- National Guardsmen and Reservists on active status
- Surviving spouses of military personnel who possess a valid dependent ID
- Foreign military personnel assigned to Fort Benning
- Primary dependents of sponsors
- Guests, provided they obtain a Fort Benning guest permit. Anyone who is 18 years or older may sponsor up to three guests per day to hunt or fish on Fort Benning. There is no limit to the number of guests an individual may sponsor in a year, but no more than three one time.
Personnel authorized to hunt and fish on Fort Benning and who possess a valid state license may purchase hunting and fishing permits. Permits will expire 15 June of each year, regardless of when they are purchased. New permits and harvest cards will be available for purchase on 16 May of each year. Fort Benning permits are available at the DFMWR Equipment Resource Center, Building 1707, at the Country Store at Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina or the Recreational Shooting Complex.
To purchase a hunting or fishing license click here.
Hunter Safety Course
- Hunting and Fishing FAQs
- Hunting and Fishing Map
- Official Fort Benning Hunting and Fishing Information
- Fort Benning Open Areas
- Hunting and Fishing Fees
- Physical Security of Privately Owned Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives Regulation
- Hunter Education Course Information
- Hunting, Fishing, and Recreation Regulation
Hours & Contact Information
|Address||Building 1707, Gillespie Street (view on map)|
Tuesday through Thursday: 9am-5pm
Friday: 8am-6pm, Saturday: 8am-1pm
Closed Sunday and holidays
|Contact the Outdoor Recreation manager|