NOTE: To reserve our Villas, please call 850-837-6423 from 8am to 4pm (CST) 7-days a week.
Make all other reservations online by clicking here
|Welcome to Fort Benning’s premier vacation destination. Destin Army Recreation Area is a gated resort in the heart of Old Destin, near the Harbor Walk Village, just 220 miles south of Fort Benning, between Pensacola and Panama City.
The resort spans 15 acres along the Choctawhatchee Bay, minutes from the Gulf of Mexico.Guests of the Destin Army Recreation Area have access to a private beach, reserved for use by military personnel. It is located less than three miles from the resort.
We have two and three bedroom villas, one-bedroom suites, hotels and studios, an RV site, and a full-service marina, where you can charter a fishing or sight-seeing tour.
To view our lodging prices for reservations made prior to October 1, 2014 click here.
For prices after September 30, 2014 click here.
All accommodations are non-smoking, and many are pet-friendly and handicap accessible.
Click here to see photos of the resort and the surrounding area.
The Destin Army Recreation Area is open year round to active duty and retired military personnel, their families and DoD civilians.
Reservations may be made one year in advance, regardless of rank and status (Active Duty, Retiree, DoD Civilian)
If you are unable to view the reservation page, update your security settings (SSL/TLS) and restart your browser, or cut and paste https://armyreservations.dodlodging.net/hotelSearch.do?propertyCode=DESTIN into the URL, or open this window in Firefox.
- Marina - Rent pontoons, wave-runners and kayaks, launch your boat, and store your vehicles, trailers and boats.
- Charter fishing - We offer bay and near-shore Gulf fishing, dolphin watching and harbor tours. Click here rates, and be sure to ask about our off-season specials!
- Fishing pier - A Florida fishing license is required to use our 300′ fishing pier. Crabbing off the pier is popular, though seasonal restrictions apply. Crabbing or fishing is prohibited in the marina basin.
- Conference facility - Rent this comfortable, convenient space for meetings, receptions, reunions and unit activities.
- Swimming pool, playground and picnic facilities
- Fitness facilities and recreation equipment - includes treadmills, TVs, kayaks and paddle boards. The roads surrounding the recreation are safe for running and limited mostly to local residents.
- Internet Services - a free internet hotspot is located at the Conference Center.
- Event planning - We’re ready to host your next big event! Whether you prefer a scenic waterfront setting or our comfortable conference center, we will help you plan a memorable, successful event. We offer catering, boat and tent rentals.
- Splash park - 2,500 square feet of fun!
Directions to our Resort
- From Columbus, take Route 28 over the Chattahoochee River into Phenix City. Pick up 431 South to Eufaula, Abbeville, and Dothan. From Fort Benning, go around Lawson Army Airfield and cross Eddy Bridge. Turn right on 101st Airborne Division Road to AL 165. Pick up 431 South at Eufaula.
- Take the 431 South Bypass around Dothan and pick up 231 South to Cottondale, South of Cottondale take I-10 West.
- From 1-10 West, exit on Route 331 South to US Route 98. Turn right and follow Highway 98 into Destin.
- Once in Destin, make a right onto Benning Drive and follow it until you come to a dead end at the park.
Click here for customized turn-by-turn directions to Destin.
Click here to view or download our marina brochure.