School Support Services
Youth Education Support Services provides services and programs that address school transition issues, student and parent advocacy, build partnerships to enhance the educational environment and experiences of children and youth.
The School Support Officer works with Child, Youth, and School Services and the local school community to address educational issues involving military children. It is our mission to "level the playing field" for military children by:
- Mobilizing community resources to reduce the impact of military lifestyle on school-age children.
- Implementing services to help children achieve academic success.
- Providing access for parents, children, school, commanders and communities to a wide range of resources to facilitate smoother school transitions.
The School Support Program is designed to improve the educational environment and academics of K-12 school-age family members whose parents are assigned to Army installations and activities. Our mission is to help parents become informed, confident advocates for their child's education, to help them deal with varying school-to-school academic curriculums, schedules and graduation requirements. We also address issues involving the development of parenting skills, school violence, bullying and home schooling.
Related Documents & Resources
- School Liaison Frequently Asked Questions
- Newcomers Guide to High Schools and Activities
- Watch the DoD schools overview video, which provides background information on Fort Benning DoD schools and various educational services.
- Visit the Fort Knox School Liaison Services website
- DoDEA Attendance Memo
- DoDEA Attendance Policy
Secondary School District Information
|Fort Benning Schools
Muscogee County Schools
Chattahoochee County Schools
Phenix City Schools
|Lee County Schools
Russell County Schools
Harris County Schools
Local Post-Secondary School Information
|Columbus State University
Columbus Technical College
Chattahoochee Valley Comm. College
Hours & Contact Information
|Address||Building 2783, Eckel Street (view on map)|
|Phone||706-545-3062, DSN: 835-3062|
Closed weekends & holidays
|Contact the school support officer|
|Submit an ICE comment card|