The Fort Benning Army Volunteer Corp seeks innovative ideas and processes to improve the quality of life at Fort Benning through the use of volunteer agencies. We offer quality volunteer work experiences in environments where volunteers are appreciated and valued.
Administrative, medical, mentoring, teaching and coaching are a few of the opportunities that are available. Many agencies have flexible schedules. You can volunteer for a day, an evening, for a one time event or for ongoing activities for as long as you desire.
- For the volunteer: Build your resume, contribute to the community, meet new people, share expertise, gain new skills and work experience, be challenged
- For the community: Develop new programs, sustain programs, enrich the quality of life for Soldiers and their families, price and ownership
- Recognition: Volunteer of the month, volunteer of the quarter, volunteer of excellence awards, presidential service awards, national and agency awards
To volunteer on Fort Benning, complete a volunteer registration packet, which includes a Volunteer Service Record (DA Form 4162), Volunteer Agreement (DD Form 2793), and if you are under 18, the Parental Permission Form (DA Form 5671). Register online at MyArmyLifeToo. To download an instructional brochure on the Volunteer Management Information System please click here.
Each agency offers orientation and training. Training may include, first aid, office administration, tax preparation, train the trainer, coaching skills, etc. Volunteers may attend the volunteer manager/supervisor training as well.
The Volunteer Corps coordinator can help you to find an opportunity that matches your interests or talents and assist you with the application process.
AVC Class Descriptions
- VMIS 101 – Volunteer Management Information System Basic Training
This class covers the use of VMIS, including registration, uploading positions in your organization, and input of monthly volunteer hours.
- VOL 102 – Recruitment and Recognition
This class will focus on volunteer recruitment, recognition ideas and volunteer awards/incentives.
- VOL 103 – Team Building for Volunteers
This class will address team building strategies and how to deal with difficult behaviors.
- VOL 104 – Writing Award Winning Nominations
This class will address writing effecitve nominations for volunteer awards and the criteria for Fort Benning, the Army and other civilian awards.
- VOL 105 – Generations of Volunteers
This class will address the various perspectives and and advantages of the multigenerational volunteer corps. You will learn to identify and capitilize upon these strengths.
AVC Documents and Forms
- AVC Brochure
- Fort Benning Volunteer Award Nomination
- Fort Benning Volunteer Service Application
- MCoE Volunteer of the Year Nomination Form
- MCoE Volunteer Family of the Year Nomination Form
- Volunteer Management Information System Instructional Brochure
- DA Form 4162 (Volunteer Service Record)
- DD Form 2793 (Volunteer Agreement)
- DA Form 5671 (Parental Permission Form)
- DA Form 4713 (Volunteer Daily Time Record)
- Army Volunteer Corps EXSUM and SOP
- CYSS Youth Sports Volunteer Packet
Hours & Contact Information
|Address||Building 7, Baltzell Avenue (view on map)|
|Contact the Army Volunteer Corps coordinator|
|Submit an ICE comment card|